Fluids

Fluids

Autosave Wrong File Extension (.cas) instead of (.h5)

• onedream97
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am experiencing some minor issue with my FLUENT software. I am trying to calculate a transient vof-to-dpm setup, and I set an autosave according to the below setting.

Sadly, ANSYS keeps giving me the below warning, telling me I should save my case files in the CFF (.h5) format, rather than (.cas). I guess this is because I am using a mesh adaptation.

When I manually export the case files, I have no issue and I can just select CFF, but it seems that when autosaving, ANSYS keeps using the .cas format rather than CFF. Is there any way in which I can adjust the autosave file extension?

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice weekend!

Axel.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Which Version are you using? Can you verify if file/cff is set to yes?

I think as you are using WB you cannot do that. This will be possible soon!

• onedream97
      Subscriber

I am using the ANSYS 2020 R1 version. Could you let me know where I can verify if file/cff is set to yes? Can't quite find it.

Thanks a lot!

Axel.

• onedream97
      Subscriber

Oh I figured it out. It was indeed set to no in the command window.

Thanks for the help!

Axel.

• Mohamed_Wael_Badawy
      Subscriber
      ... Did it work after setting the file/cff to Yes?n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nPlease try this:nThanks.nKarthikn
    • Mohamed_Wael_Badawy
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your comment. I want to add something that I didn't clarify. I am using CFD-Post for the post processing. It doesn't seem to work with any of the extensions in the link, I always get an error or an empty results with no time steps in the manager. n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      CFD Post doesn't read h5 format at 2020R1, check the release notes for R2. It's why Workbench defaults to .cas and Fluent standalone to .cas.h5nn
    • neelshah0034
      Subscriber
      Are you working on jet cross flow or spray simulation?n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.