Fluids

Fluids

Autosave

Tagged: 

• NimaNZ
      Subscriber

Hi everyone

I'm running LES on HPC. The case is set to write autosave for CFD post on a few planes and iso-surfaces. But none of the autosaved cases works! and there is an error.

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      Does this save on your local computer? It's probably an issue with graphics. I would suggest you to write out the contours using execute commands and create an animation on your local computer.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you display those surfaces can you see anything? What are you autosaving?
    • NimaNZ
      Subscriber

Thanks for your comment. It's running and saving on the HPC. How can I save them on my own computer? The connection is through MobaXterm. I tried animation, but it doesn't work! Actually, it was working well when I ran on one node, but now I'm running on two nodes and it doesn't work.
    • NimaNZ
      Subscriber
      thanks for your reply. No the name of the surface is there and the data file size is as it should be, but when I try to draw contour nothing appears.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      He means that you create (and save) the images during the run on the cluster and then create the movie afterwards once you've moved the image files back to your PC.
      If the surface is present and the data is there it should be OK. What happens if you use two nodes on your local machine? Note, you can tell Fluent to run on 8 nodes on a 4 node machine, it's just slow. Here we want to see what happens rather than solve the actual compute run.
    • NimaNZ
      Subscriber
      Thanks so much for your reply.
      I set the animation scene through the calculation activities to be saved every 1000 time-steps; it gives a file named "core.31718", I don't know how to deal with them!
      Yes, I prepare the cas.gz file by setting it as 80 cores on my machine then send it to the HPC, otherwise, it doesn't read the inlet profile properly.
      The autosaved files seem okay, but how can I read them; the CFD-post doesn't read them, when I want to draw a contour the error pups up and says this is a null surface!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What exactly are you saving? .cdat ought to read into CFD Post providing there's a suitable case file. The animation tool should give an mpeg but I've not used it other than in tutorials. I save .jpeg or similar and stitch them together.
    • NimaNZ
      Subscriber
      Yes, I'm saving .cdat through cfd-post. I saved both case and data files.
      I will check the animation again, but it was HHP (if I'm not mistaken).
      Thanks a million for your help.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      HHP may be the Ansys format that can then be exported from CFD Post/Fluent.
    • NimaNZ
      Subscriber
      That's right, I'll check that; Thanks so much for your help on this
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.