March 5, 2018 at 6:00 pmuschasSubscriber
Hi, I have selected some surfaces as name selection and want to know the Average heat flux through those areas. The analysis is steady-state thermal in the workbench.
March 6, 2018 at 10:36 pm
March 7, 2018 at 11:18 pmuschasSubscriber
Thanks, Is there any way to do it in ANSYS 18? I dont have ANSYS 19. The student version is limited to number nodes.
March 7, 2018 at 11:49 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
That is a new feature in ANSYS 19.0, which is available for Student, Research and Commercial licenses now.
If you want to do that in ANSYS 18, you will have to export tabular data and perform your own averaging.
February 19, 2020 at 3:55 pmWasifSubscriber
Peter, if you manually average those two values the result is different than the one provided by ANSYS
February 19, 2020 at 4:23 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The average is not half way between the Min and the Max, it is the average of all the nodes along the edge.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.