Fluids

Fluids

Average Temperature Chart

• MRMR
      Subscriber

Hi

I'm analysing a flow through a nozzle in 3D in Fluent. I'm wondering, is there a possibility to create a xy chart, where and X-axis is distance (basic - X) and Y-axis is an average temperature. Normally when I try XY-scatter and I choose temperature for Y-axis I got many points representing temperatures in a whole cross-section.

Regards

• Kevin Colburn
      Ansys Employee

You can compute such a graph with EnSight. You'd follow this rough outline:

a. Create a Clip in X.

b. Compute average temperature on that Clip.

c. Use the "Query Constant on Part Sweep". This would generate an xy query (graph) of the value computed in (b), as you sweep (a) from some X location to some new X location.

There is a short video tutorial on this in the Customer Portal area here : https://support.ansys.com/AnsysCustomerPortal/en_us/Knowledge%20Resources/Solutions/Ensight/2055483

-Kevin

• MRMR
      Subscriber

Is a Customer Portal available for students?

• MRMR
      Subscriber

And is EnSight available for students?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Unfortunately Ensight is not available within ANSYS Students. Students do not have access to the customer portal. 

The Ensight solution is a smart one.

You can indeed create that Chart inside Fluent and CFD-Post. But what do you mean under averaged temperature: is the average over the time or over the cross section? If it is an average over the circumferential then please have a look into XY Plots of Circumferential Averages

• MRMR
      Subscriber

I mean an average of a cross section - thank you for answers. Regards

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

You can use XY Plot feature in Fluent. There are predefined variables which you can plot. 

You can also create custom field function which can be further used in XY plot. 

Regards,

Keyur

• MRMR
      Subscriber

In basic XY plot I have temperature, but while modeling a 3d nozzle on a chart I have too many points and my target is to get an XY chart where Y is the average temperature in every cross-section and X is distance.

• MRMR
      Subscriber

Right now I've found a possibility to create cross sections and calculate for each and average temperature. It's a kind of solution, but it will take much time.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.