March 16, 2022 at 12:35 pmdesouzadacostaSubscriber
I am having divergence issue after 0.3 s (around 30000 iterations) for a transient run in Fluent:March 16, 2022 at 1:54 pmRobAnsys EmployeeThat's been struggling for the last several time steps. Assuming you have the data file saved have a look at what's going on. I suspect something is changing more quickly than the time step can resolve, so it's probable that you'll want to reduce the time step. For P-V coupling you may find PISO to be more efficient, the PBCS doesn't give much (if any) benefit on a transient run.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.