Fluids

Fluids

Axisymmetric Domain and Bubble Growth

• zakmt293
      Subscriber

Greetings

Respected experts I hope you are fine. I am working on simulation of single bubble growth in a super heated domain. I would like to utilize axi symmetric condition. First of all I made the axis of symmetry on y-axis. But the  simulation were not even unable to start giving divergence errors. Then on this forum I learnt from one post that the axis of symmetry must be x-axis. Otherwise It won't work. I made then the x-axis as the axis line. And simulations are working finely.My question is that the way I have adopted is it fine and is it true that the if y-axis if the axis of symmetry it won't work??

The second question is about the  domain that I have made given below. The length of domain is 10mm vertically and 6mm horizontal. The  vertical direction is along the negative of x-axis and horizontal is along y-axis. These seems like a vertical pipe placed horizontally The gravity value is put -9.8m/s2 in gravity condition. Is this axisymmetric approach right for my simulation??

I would be thankful If my questions are answered.

Thank You

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

In Fluent:

Using -9.8 m/s^2 as the X component of gravity makes the +X axis up.

Use +9.8 m/s^2 as the X component of gravity to make the -X axis up.

(In Mechanical, the opposite sign convention applies if you use Acceleration to model gravity.)

• zakmt293
      Subscriber

Oh sorry I did not take a notice of that. The other questions that I have asked are they fine.

Thank You

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.