June 14, 2020 at 9:45 pmJITFSubscriber
I have problems generating the mesh, to simulate the main axis of a machine that I am designing. The errors that seem to me are the following:
- The surface mesh intersects or is near the intersection, making it difficult to create a volume mesh. Adjust the mesh size or geometry to solve the problem.
- A mesh could not be generated using the current mesh options and settings.
A picture of the structure is attached and the errors that are presented (maybe the errors are linked to the axis keys, but there is no way to solve this), any solution or suggestion in this regard is welcome.
June 15, 2020 at 12:36 am
June 15, 2020 at 5:24 amJITFSubscriber
Mr. peteroznewman, I already solved the problem, improving the geometry. However, trying to make an analysis that gives me the values of the torque, safety factor and deformation of the main axis. In order to do this, contrast these results with the calculations I have already made. The point is that these values are very far from my calculations and I do not understand why, perhaps it is due to my lack of some restriction or some force that I cannot visualize. According to my procedures, the result of the effort will be 29,682 MPa, the factor of safety 3,331 approx. and the deformations are also far from similar works that he reviewed. This simulation is for my work of title and correspondence to the main axis of a wood sawdust pelletizing machine, sometimes to forces and torques caused by the transmission system (pulleys and belts), the blades that cut the material and the rollers that they compact it (this is the order of the keys from bottom to top on the shaft). I attach images of the simulations I am obtaining and I would appreciate any dimensioning or suggestion to achieve values similar to those calculated. Thank you
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.