June 13, 2022 at 2:55 pmjasickiSubscriberHello!I am comparing Ansys Maxwell and FEMM right now. I'm not sure, but does Ansys interpolate using the PCHIP method? If yes, where can I find out. Because I could not find anything in the manual how Ansys interpolates the values of the B-H curve.With kind regardsRafal Jasicki
August 3, 2022 at 2:53 pmHDLIAnsys Employee
The non-smoothed BH curve is treated as piece-wise linear between user-input data points inside Maxwell and you can find it in the Maxwell help manual. When the operation point is out of the defined BH data, Maxwell would use the permeability of the last two points of the BH data for the simulation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Failed to recover curve outlines
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Feeding experimental data (temperature) in to Ansys to get conductivity
- meshing problem