TAGGED: 3DFDTD, ring-resonators
January 30, 2023 at 5:16 ambublee-2016114988Subscriber
Could someone tell me if the ring resonator in the structure group is bidirectional or unidirectional by default? Because I am supposed to see mode splitting in a single ring when I add NPs but I only see mode splitting when there are two parallel rings. If it is unidirectional, how do I make it bidirectional?
January 30, 2023 at 8:20 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
bidirectional or unidirectional? the fields propagate omnidirectionally. the device does not have such concept, since it has uniform material.
I am not sure what do you mean "two parallel rings". the NP has samll pertrubation to the mode. the mode spliting will depend on its interaction with the original device.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.