August 9, 2023 at 1:49 amDana KangSubscriber
Hi, I'm currently using the 2023 version of Ansys and for some reason I keep getting the “Bad termination of one of your application processes" error when I initialize my project.
It's a simple fluid flow structure with a metal foam (porous media) in between like in the picture below and I'm using 6 cores.
After I press initialize, Fluent displays this error and immediately shuts down.
I would appreciate any help regarding this problem. Thanks!
August 9, 2023 at 12:23 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
Are you using 7.2.3 Porous Media Conditions (ansys.com)? You can read on some of the limitation for this model in the link provided.
Try deactivating this zone to ensure that your model runs. If it does, then it would indicate that the porous zone is the issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.