3D Design

3D Design

Baffle and impeller as thin surface

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

@krndv, please reply with some images inserted into your post of the geometry and the mesh.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Make sure you create a named selection on the walls, they may still be present in Fluent but you'll need to guess which interior zone it is: labelling is better. 

Edit: I'll move to a unique thread too. 

• krndv
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am modelling a mixing tank with an impeller and a baffle. The baffle and impeller i modelled as thin surface with zero thickness, but after meshing when its transferred to fluent the internal baffle and turbine disappears.

Meshed using ansys  Meshing.

How to solve this?

• krndv
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am trying to mesh a tank with a baffle inside (Simulating a 60 degree sector of tank with periodic BC).

Tried meshing and did named selection of interior baffle (Thin) from Ansys meshing module but the baffle was not showing in fluent. I solved this by naming the baffle from DM itself and baffle and tank was made in to single part, this worked and baffle showed in fluent anlong with a new boundary 'baffle-shadow'.

How to handle 'Baffle-shadow'? keep it with default conditions or give same conditions as orginal baffle?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

When you have a thin wall you need a boundary definition for both sides (mainly for roughness). It's explained in the User's Guide.  Assuming it's not also a heating unit leave the settings alone for the wall & wall:shadow pair. 

• krndv
      Subscriber

When you have a thin wall you need a boundary definition for both sides (mainly for roughness). It's explained in the User's Guide.  Assuming it's not also a heating unit leave the settings alone for the wall & wall:shadow pair. 

Thank you @rwoolhou.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.