February 3, 2022 at 12:11 pmdjihad-amina.djemmahSubscriber
I tried to use FDTD to find the band structure of a metamaterial (TiO2) which has a zero effective index around 300GHz.
I took as an example (https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041616354-All-dielectric-zero-index-metamaterial) and followed all the steps.February 3, 2022 at 6:25 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeFrom your result, it seems the propagation vector is not changed during the sweep. Please check the "model" settings, and make sure when k points changes, it can apply to the FDTD and dipole group:
I guess you create a new project file from new FDTD project file, which has no any script in the "model". I would suggest that you begin with one of the online example file, modify it to fit your need. ALl the online example files have script inside "model".
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags