TAGGED: lumerical, photonics, warning, waveguides
June 15, 2022 at 7:07 pmevelyn.ferwaltSubscriber
Whenever I run my code to create the geometry for my big ring resonator in Lumerical 2021 R2.4 FDTD (and I think also MODE) it gives me this nasty popup exactly four times:
Which is reproducable even when stripped down to the bare essentials:
set("base width", 10e-6);
And I suppose I understand what it's warning me about, but a 10μm wide waveguide isn't exactly huge compared to a 300μm radius. I know this because after I dismiss these warnings, all I need to do is right click on the ring resonator structure, then hit "ok", and it rebuilds the geometry with the correct width no problem.
Is this a scripting-only limitation? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
June 15, 2022 at 8:42 pmevelyn.ferwaltSubscriberSorry, to be clear that's
right click -> edit object
June 16, 2022 at 6:54 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeIt is just a warining message.
You can avoid it by addring and addrect respectively and assign their parameters.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.