July 4, 2017 at 10:44 pmmbleeSubscriber
Hello, I just need help with the basics of loading a UDF into Fluent. I have an example UDF that I got off of the internet but I keep running into different errors.
July 18, 2017 at 9:56 pmpglAnsys Employee
Firstly, are you sure that you need to use a UDF? Can you explain what type of simulation you are trying to achieve? I ask because ANSYS Fluent has a tremendous amount of built-in functionality.
UDF's are covered in the ANSYS Fluent Customization Manual, this documentation is included with the product. There are quite a few examples in the doc.
My best guess is that the UDF you got from the internet is intended to be used with an older version of Fluent, and the errors you are getting relate to either obsolete commands, or commands that have changed their syntax. Review the UDF and check each command with the version of the Fluent doc that you are using.
September 6, 2017 at 7:10 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Can you tell us what are you trying to do?
October 21, 2019 at 11:07 amZionSubscriber
Please could you kindly explain to me when does one decide to use a parallel or serial "Processing Options" during simulation using a UDF CODE?
FLUENT received fatal signal (ACCESS_VIOLATION)
1. Note exact events leading to error.
2. Save case/data under new name.
3. Exit program and restart to continue.
4. Report error to your distributor.
Error Object: #f
October 21, 2019 at 2:35 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
Check the part in the documentation related to parallelization of UDF. Generally whenver global sums or reduction is requierd or whenver the UDF macro does not provide thread to cell or face you need to make it parallel.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.