November 18, 2019 at 12:44 pmsalcipSubscriber
I am facing a problem while trying to define an I section for beam188 element.
I have designed the structure in pic1.
The lines I indicated have as mesh attributes the I section I defined and I set the option to use orientation KeyPoint.
After I meshed, the structure I obtained is shown in pic2
In pic3 you can see the orientation that Ansys gave to the beams:
As you can see the beam on the left is placed in H shape while the one on the right has a twisted shape.
So I defined the orientation KP of pic4:
I selected the elements in pic5:
and in pic6 I changed the orientation KP:
in pic7 I replot and this is how beams element orientation has changed:
As you can see the beam on the left has a correct orientation (the I shape section is oriented with the thinnest part parallel to the Y global coordinate). On the other side the beam on the right is no more twisted but it is rotated on the Z coordinate.
How can I solve this problem? I want all beam cross-sections oriented parallel to the Y axis.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.