August 30, 2022 at 7:32 pmdrdmsthesisSubscriber
Can Multilinear Isotropic Hardening be used with BEAM188/189 elements? I was seeing some conflicting information online, while the online documentation indicates - Bilinear isotropic hardening, Bilinear kinematic hardening, Chaboche nonlinear kinematic hardening, Creep, Coefficient of thermal expansion, Damage evolution law, Damage initiation criteria, Density, Elasticity, Hill anisotropy, Prony series constants for viscoelastic materials, Rate-dependent plasticity (viscoplasticity), Rate-independent plasticity, Shift function for viscoelastic materials, Shape memory alloy (SMA), State variables (user-defined), User-defined, Voce isotropic hardening law. Bilinear models indicate fictitious stress during plastic collapse while it apprears that BEAM188/189 is not supported for a multilinear kinematic/isotropic plasticity.
September 1, 2022 at 3:34 pmMike RifeAnsys Employee
Hi drdmsthesis - there are several material models under the "Rate-independent plasticity" including the Multilinear Isotropic Hardening model. Mike
December 23, 2022 at 10:42 ambhagwantPAnsys Employee
@ drdmsthesis, Kindly refer:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.