March 24, 2022 at 9:22 amRaulPortolesSubscriber
Hello, I am studying a reinforced concrete beam with cotton fiber reinforcements. The study of the beam without the cotton has gone very well, but when adding the fibers the solution does not converge.
The problem is that cotton has a great plastic capacity, but when solving the problem, the simulation stops at the end of the cotton's elastic zone (it does not plasticize).
I have defined the cotton with a short elastic zone, and a multilinear plastic zone,
Does anyone know another way to define cotton to ensure that it plasticizes? Thank you very much.
(I add two photos, one of them showing the real tenslie test, and the other the aproximation I did for the simulation)April 5, 2022 at 6:12 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
You say that the simulation stops at the elastic zone for cotton. Are you getting any errors?
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags