March 24, 2022 at 9:22 amRaulPortolesSubscriber
Hello, I am studying a reinforced concrete beam with cotton fiber reinforcements. The study of the beam without the cotton has gone very well, but when adding the fibers the solution does not converge.
The problem is that cotton has a great plastic capacity, but when solving the problem, the simulation stops at the end of the cotton's elastic zone (it does not plasticize).
I have defined the cotton with a short elastic zone, and a multilinear plastic zone,
Does anyone know another way to define cotton to ensure that it plasticizes? Thank you very much.
(I add two photos, one of them showing the real tenslie test, and the other the aproximation I did for the simulation)April 5, 2022 at 6:12 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
You say that the simulation stops at the elastic zone for cotton. Are you getting any errors?
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation SpaceTrending discussions
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.