3D Design

3D Design

Bending-beam as a square tube with webs as a shell-element and straps as solid-elements

• MaximilianSauer28
      Subscriber

Hello, how can I construct a bending-beam as a square-tube (l x b x h = 2000 x 50 x120).

The straps (thickness = 9mm) are to be displayed as solid-elements and connected to the two webs (thickness = 2mm, height = 120mm) laterally. The webs (height = 120mm) should be connected to the lateral surface of the solid-elements as shell elements (common surface)

How can I realize that in Ansys? Pleas help me

(see sketch)

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Do you know any CAD system?  If so, draw the solid straps and draw a surface for the webs at the midplane of each strap creating a 1 mm gap to the solid.

If you don't know any CAD system, then in Workbench, add a Static Structural analysis system, and double click on Geometry to open SpaceClaim where you can draw what I describe above.  There are SpaceClaim tutorials on this site in the list on the right.

• MaximilianSauer28
      Subscriber

Does it also work in DesignModeler because I never tried it in SpaceClaim?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Yes, you can do the same in DesignModeler.

• MaximilianSauer28
      Subscriber

So I made a sketch of the two solid straps but what do you mean with "draw a surface for the webs at the midplane of each strap creating a 1 mm gap to the solid

This is what I made first. Do I have to extrude next, or do I just draw a line through the middle of the straps to get a surface for the webs?

Sorry I don't get it, I don't know all that well about CAD

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Yes, you have to extrude the sketch to make a solid.  You can extrude a line to make a surface.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.