November 1, 2020 at 3:24 amChomanSalihSubscriberHi, I am new to Ansys and I have a simple question (I believe). I want to model a beam resting an elastic foundation. I mean insert elastic support>selct bottom face>unput foundation stiffness. nI have modeled and validated this with given analytical equations on Strand 7 with line body. However, I want to model it as a 3d object and when I model the beam as a 3d object in Ansys, I cannot insert the beam results tool in the solution part (the option is not there anymore). I modeled the beam as rexctangular cross section then extrude to the desired length. nThere are many videos on Youtube about shear and bending moment diagrams, but they are all for line bodies with defined cross section. I can do that too but the issue that I have is I cannot insert elastic support for the line body. It just doesnt recognise the 3d beam for the elastic support when modeled as a line. nCan anyone suggest how to model a 3d beam with elastic support with the ability of drawing the bending moment diagram along the beam (along x, around z axis)? nI am using Ansys Workbench 2020 R1nthank you n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.