General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Bending moment a long a beam

• ChomanSalih
      Subscriber
      Hi, I am new to Ansys and I have a simple question (I believe). I want to model a beam resting an elastic foundation. I mean insert elastic support>selct bottom face>unput foundation stiffness. nI have modeled and validated this with given analytical equations on Strand 7 with line body. However, I want to model it as a 3d object and when I model the beam as a 3d object in Ansys, I cannot insert the beam results tool in the solution part (the option is not there anymore). I modeled the beam as rexctangular cross section then extrude to the desired length. nThere are many videos on Youtube about shear and bending moment diagrams, but they are all for line bodies with defined cross section. I can do that too but the issue that I have is I cannot insert elastic support for the line body. It just doesnt recognise the 3d beam for the elastic support when modeled as a line. nCan anyone suggest how to model a 3d beam with elastic support with the ability of drawing the bending moment diagram along the beam (along x, around z axis)? nI am using Ansys Workbench 2020 R1nthank you n
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.