June 7, 2023 at 5:04 pmTed JanzenSubscriber
I have a model of a large concrete pad supported by piles, modeled in Ansys Workbench 2019 R3. Is it possible to create a contour plot of the bending moments in the concrete pad?
June 8, 2023 at 11:36 amOnkar P.Subscriber
You can plot the bending moment contour by using the options under beam results called total bending moment, not super sure whether this option is available in 2019R3. You will need to define the Path by selecting the edge along which the result is to be obtained.
Note:- The beam results can only be scoped to line/beam bodies.
You can also another option under Beam results called Shear-Moment Diagram.
For more information on this please refer to the following links:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.