Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Bending stress

• Naief
      Subscriber

I am beginner in ANSYS, and I would like to find the bending stress in a solid body. In mechanical user`s guide states that to lunsh bending stress object I have to set output controls of "general miscellaneous" option to yes. In addition, the mesh methode must be a thin walled mesh. Could you please help me finding  these options.  

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Do you want bending stress or the stress due to bending?  You can get the latter without any special effort on a solid body.

• Naief
      Subscriber

Actually I want to calculate the bending stress in a cantilever beam subjected to forces on its top surface. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If your cantilever beam has a uniform cross-section, and the forces on the top are uniform across the width, you can use Beam elements on a line body and get bending stress. That is the best way.

• Naief
      Subscriber

Thanks alot.

• Naief
      Subscriber

Hi, 

Actually,I used the Beam elements on line body. I still have the same issue by finding shear stress too. An error says:

For this result, the scoped geometry(s) or named selection should have at least one sheet or a face on sheet or a solid with solid shell mesh.

It is the same issue by finding bending stress on solid  body. Is it releated to my Output control setting. ?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please show your results.

• Naief
      Subscriber

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Are these Beam Elements?

If so, insert a Beam Tool, and you will have Bending Stress in the folder.

• Naief
      Subscriber

Peter, I would like to share the ANSYS project with you, so that you can have a look on it. (see attached file above).

First ,Yes, these are Beam Elements. I inserted a beam tool and then I found the following (Maximum Bending stress, and minimum Bending stress). It is fine !! 

But, why it is not possible to find the Bending and shear stresses if I choose them from (Solution B6) ?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.