May 23, 2023 at 1:10 pmThen ElangoSubscriber
Hi Guys, I'm designing a bent waveguide with optimal bend. We have circular bend options in lumerical FDTD. Has anyone worked with or have an idea of how to design a optimal bent with variable radius of curvature in the bend (both 90 and 180 degree bends,i.e., L & U )? I have been trying for a while now, any info would be helpful! please! thank you
May 23, 2023 at 9:40 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Seems L is loss, what is U?
what software you have? If you have FDTD, you can simulate the whole device; If you have FDE, you may integrate the loss with different radius of curvature to get one value (may need to normalize the result).
You know FDE can give loss at different bending radius. But depending on the bending radius, you may need to well design the simulation region if you want to sweep. If the bending radius is too small, special care should be taken.
May 24, 2023 at 7:27 amThen ElangoSubscriber
Thank you very much for the reply.
L is 90, and U is 180 (they are called that because of the shape of the letters is similar to the angles. )
Yes, I have both FDE and FDTD, I want to see the loss and I would like to know how to calculate the dimensions of waveguide for particulator wavelength of the light source and I my material is a polymer of particular fixed refractive index. I mean, what width and height to use for 1550 nm and what should be the bend radius,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.