April 14, 2023 at 9:44 amFrancesc RieraSubscriber
Hi, i've got two questions. First, I wonder what's the difference between Carreau model and the non newtonian power law to simulate the behaviour of a non newtonina fluid? Which is more recommended? And my second question is why sometimes CFD-Post allows me to see the wall shear results and sometimes don't while i'm simulation a non newtonian flow. Thanks
April 14, 2023 at 1:17 pmRobAnsys Employee
The various nonNewtonian models were created to cope with the wide range of viscous behaviour. So, pick the one that best matches the data you have. Hence, there's a Carreau-Yasuda example on the Customer Portal (students don't have access) as it's good for blood and not in the core Fluent solver.
If you're using Fluent do the post-processing there. Not sure why wall shear is/isn't available but it's likely linked to model settings and what's included in the data files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.