August 31, 2018 at 3:43 pmJefferson2010Subscriber
I want to use VOF to simulate high pressure convective boiling. In high pressure boiling around 45 bars, the size of the bubble is very small. The radius is around 4*10^(-5)m. Due to boiling, there is volume expansion near the interface. I want to keep the interface sharp and reduce smearing, especially near the wall boundary. In Fluent 16.2.3 manual, it mentions five VOF methods:the geometric reconstruction scheme, the donor-acceptor scheme, CICSAM, the compressive scheme and BGM. Here is the link: https://www.sharcnet.ca/Software/Ans...ec_vof_eq.html
Could anybody tell me which scheme is the best for my case? If other schemes compared with those five are better, please also tell me. Thanks in advance!
August 31, 2018 at 4:25 pmRobForum Moderator
If you can switch to R19 then there are several options within the multi-fluid VOF phase interaction models. The ANSYS documentation is also available on the more recent releases.
- The topic ‘Best VOF model for high pressure convective boiling simulation’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
- Using GPU in FLUENT
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.