Electronics

Electronics

Best way to define a Nickel coating for static magnetic field simulation in Maxwell.

• AndyJP
      Subscriber
      What is the best way to define a Nickel coating on nonmagnetic copper or brass plate when simulating magnetic field in Maxwell?.In HFSS for RF solution I would define a few microns thick layered impedance, but not sure how should I do it in Maxwell for static field.n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, @AndyJP,nIf your bulk object has a simple and flat surface, you may draw the thin layers as a bulk components on surfaces of your copper plate in order to simulate the magnetic field. You can manually assign mesh operations on those coating objects in order to get an accurate result of magnetic field. Depending on the discrepancy between the coating thickness and your copper plate's dimension, the simulation could take long time. The mesh on the copper plate near the coating objects could also be very fine in order to have a gradual transition between the mesh on the plate and the coating, thus increasing the simulation time. n
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      Let me reformulate the question.nOn RF simulating thin layers using microscopic mesh is generally a futile task. Instead a boundary condition describing a 1D layer of finite or infinite thickness is applied, which requires no excessive meshing in the area.nnCan we make similar boundary approximation for Nickel layer in Maxwell when solving static magnetic field?n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.