October 26, 2022 at 10:02 amJames JosephSubscriber
Hi I'm pretty new to ansys, I am currently doing a Static Structural analysis on a flat plate and I want to use the deformed geometry after loading from that as the input of a ACP pre module. However ACP pre needs the geometry to be simply a surface (shell). Is there a good way to output simply a shell instead of a solid body from Static Structural?
October 27, 2022 at 10:17 amAniketAnsys Employee
October 29, 2022 at 7:43 pm
October 31, 2022 at 9:53 amAniketAnsys Employee
The option is greyed out after the evaluation of the result. But if you insert a new result, you should be able to modify scoped geometries in the new result before the evaluation of the result. i.e. when the result has a lightning bolt instead of green check mark.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.