October 1, 2023 at 3:18 pmshanycoSubscriber
I'm using the "grating s parameters" object with 'BFAST' settings (simulating different oblique angles) for a plane wave incidenting a periodic structure.
And the transmission data does not seem reasonale at all (it looks like a delta function with a peak of 10^6, sometimes 10^8...).
Can you help me understand this warning? How to overcome it?
thank you very much,
October 2, 2023 at 10:31 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
Is there any chance you are using a polarization other than s or p? I believe the grating s parameters analysis group can only handle s and p-polarized sources. So, if the "polarization angle (degrees)" field in the plane wave source is anything other than 0 (p-polarized) and 90 (s-polarized) then the analysis group will most likely give you inaccurate results.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.