General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Birth and Death

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

How can I write the code for such a loop?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You don't say what output you are solving for.

There are a few threads on the forum about simulations to move a heat source spot along a surface. Did you try to search for them using Search field above?

Here is a thread that uses Fluent and a VOF analysis to compute the liquid/solid fraction in each cell. That is a different approach to Kill the elements that you were thinking of.

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

I want to analyze myself using the birth and death technique. However, I can't do the required coding. Here I am talking about the loop that writes with pulse number. I want to give a laser flux of 28 J/cm2 to the material and I want to examine the heat dissipation region.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Is a crater formed from a single pulse?

Is the spot moved after each single pulse? How far does the spot move?

What is the duty cycle of pulse ON, pulse OFF?

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

The first phase presents the simulation of single-pulse laser paint ablation at the laser fluence ranging from 20 J/cm2 to 50 J/cm2

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Is the fluence distribution Gaussian or Flat Top?

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

gauss 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
    • hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

can I ask something? Which module is the screenshot from?

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

and spot diameter= 60 micrometer

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

If you give me an e-mail address, I would like to send you the analysis I want to work with.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

In Workbench, use File, Archive to create a .wbpz file.  Upload that file to a file sharing site such as Google Drive or OneDrive.  Reply with the link to that file then anyone can download it.

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1s02CPkA0h725BAN2tBE5qXhOZqOZbJJy

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

That link does not allow anyone to download the file, it is not public.

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

made available

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

That link is restricted.

You need to make a new link and specify that anyone can download the file.

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15pZklIY2ZLdT33WBajbRnTrEZlf00hkR/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TLXM07ewH7Cw_1hw9-5hOyVcVIcN4scq/view?usp=share_link

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please put the 11.STEP file up on GoogleDrive also.

What version of ANSYS are you using?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

From the paper, the mesh should look like this...

To get that mesh, you need to have space between the carbon fibers in red. Also, you have to subtract the carbon fibers from the resin block in purple so that the resin block has holes where the carbon fiber fills the holes.

Your resin block has no holes in it.

Your carbon fibers have no space between them.

You need to fix those issues.

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

there is a problem there. The measured value given is in micrometers. so very small values are output. When I enter solidworks, it does not accept. The size of the given piece is in micrometers if you have noticed. A length of 120 micrometers is given. That's why I didn't give a space. but I didn't think it would affect the upper part where we give the heat. Does it affect?

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

I did the process by renewing the drawing, but it gives an error in the analysis and I can't figure out the reason.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZSN7Yww9vprQWQBbxkxTkziPSKrSN0-M/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17vyyQwVgKORrocvDzM2Gr3H7yK0z8AEF/view?usp=share_link

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Don't use Solidworks to draw carbon fibers.  Open SpaceClaim and click on the File, Options menu. On the Units tab, you can change to microns. Then you can draw a circle and type in the diameter in microns.  Draw a block for the resin and subtract the fibers to create holes in the resin. Finally, go to the Workbench tab and click the Share button. This will cause the mesh to connect the resin to the fibers. Only SpaceClaim or DesignModeler can create shared topology so you must use one of these. If you only use Solidworks, the model will need to have Bonded Contact and you don't want that.  I won't be looking at the models you posted above as they won't have the shared topology that I recommend.

• hasanilkerceliker
      Subscriber

thank you peteroznewman

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.