TAGGED: lumerical, optimization
May 23, 2023 at 4:05 pmDmytro FedinSubscriber
Ansys Optics Support team has presented the showcase example (https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041613174-Blazed-grating) which describes the blazed diffraction grating in Lumerical. The example is very helpful but I got some questions:
- How can I optimize blazed grating to achieve high diffraction efficiency?
- Could I include to the optimization function the variable parameters like blazed angle, height of groove profile or line density?
I found only one example using a parametric sweep () but I believe that Lumerical has a more powerful tool to provide a complicated optimization process.
I would be grateful for any help!
May 24, 2023 at 9:37 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Lumerical has a built-in optimization based on particle-swarm method, and if you have API license you can use either Matlab or Python optimization.
In this example https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041613174-Blazed-grating the blaze grating is script with theta, and period. You can modify it, or use your own math to modify the script to create the desired grating. Please try.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.