September 17, 2022 at 4:44 amjunaed.buetSubscriber
Hello. I have designed a 2D FE model of BLDC motor in ansys maxwell. I was hoping to derive efficiency and torque speed curve (like from figure1) from the simulation either directly or processing the data received from simulation.However the BLDC motor the winding current is rectangular current and I have used maxwell circuit to design an external circuit and excite the windings with that external circuit (Like Figure 2). I have sweep the speed of the motor and received the torque vs speed curve and efficiency vs speed curve (Figure 3). To get the curves like figure 1 , I need to control the current to limit it to the desired peak current. How can I excite the windings with rectangular current to get the current profiles like that of figure 4. The figure 1 profiles have been received via exciting the windings with sinusoidal current equation. How can I write rectangular current equation in my case? Or is there any other way in this regard? Thanks in advance.
September 19, 2022 at 8:39 amNavya CAnsys Employee
You can write a pwl function for each phase current to define the square wave current waveform.
Refer the below discussion to understand how to implement a pwl function.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.