May 12, 2023 at 1:00 pmmjluziphoSubscriber
Hi all! I'm trying to run an Explicit Dynamics simulation but the bodies defined as 'Flexible' are going through the 'Rigid' body. There is no connection modeled or specified between the 'Flexible'and 'Rigid' bodies. How can I stop this from happening? Thank you.
May 12, 2023 at 4:27 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Can you please show an image of the bodies and the contacts between the two bodies (if we do not have any contact between them then of course they will pass through each other, so we need to define a conatc if we want a contact to develop between them).
All the best
May 13, 2023 at 1:00 pmmjluziphoSubscriber
Thank you for your response. I managed to rectify the issue. The square prism that enclosed the cylindrical object when I highlighted it was making contact with the modeled ground surface. As a result, I changed the orientation of the object in SpaceClaim.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.