General Mechanical

General Mechanical

‘Body-Ground revolute joint’ concern.

• Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber

Observe the revolute joint in the figure below.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      An invisible spider element has an independent node at the joint coordinate system origin between those holes and dependent nodes on the two surfaces in blue. There are two settings for the spider element: Rigid and Deformable. Choose Rigid and those two hole surfaces move as a rigid body. All forces and moments for this revolute joint go through the independent node at the origin of the joint coordinate system. For the Rigid type, the rotation about Z of the two hole surfaces will be equal. For the Deformable type, there can be local deformations of the nodes on each hole.n
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      Hello sir. Thank you for answering.nI was unable to catch if there will be force and moment transfer between these two mobile surfaces? I mean, can one mobile surface, as in the attached picture, transfer the moments and forces to the other mobile surface or not, passing through the ground? Or all the forces and moments transfer from any of the above mobile surface cannot be transferred to the other mobile surface, and actually they have to go from each of the mobile surface to the ground only?nCan you provide me with any clue on how to model this body-ground revolute joint using constraint equations?n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Please ask a specific question about the two blocks.nHere is a specific question... For a type=Rigid joint, if I put a force in the Z direction on the end of the top block, will the bottom block have any deformation?nAnswer: The force on the end creates a moment about the X axis on the revolute joint to ground. The ground supports that moment, which can be measured by a Joint Probe. The bottom block will have no deformation as the load goes into the rigid joint element to the ground.n
    • Rameez_ul_Haq
      Subscriber
      Thank you Sir n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.