April 4, 2023 at 1:13 pm
April 5, 2023 at 6:41 pmJohn DoyleAnsys Employee
Perhaps the finer mesh is causing a softer contact stiffness response? What happens if you turn off contact stiffness updating (as a test)?
How does the bolt adjustment compare to the contact penetration in the primary load path of the bolt load?
How does the bolt working load compare to user defined bolt pretension?
April 6, 2023 at 7:38 amTim DietlSubscriber
Thank you for your answer!
I turned off stiffness updating and this is the new graph for the bolt adjustment:
Contact settings for normal:
Thread is Bonded-MPC and frictional contacs have frictional coefficient 0,1 and a penetration value of 0,04.
In the following in changed the penetration value and compared the bolt adjustments (For comparism I changed one time also the penetration factor to 0,1):
For this test, there is just the preload (48458N) and no working load. Reason for this is that I want to measure the deformation/resilience of the bolt and compare it with the calculated value.
Thank you for your help!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.