March 18, 2020 at 10:04 pmglouvincs01Subscriber
In a transcient analysis , I'm using one step with bolt pretension and then another step with a shock applied on a structure. I would like to know how to chose correctly the time step for the first step? How the time matters for pretension in general ?
March 19, 2020 at 1:29 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
In Step 1, you turn off Time Integration, so real time is not being used while the bolt is being tensioned. You can take 1 second to tighten the bolt, then the shock load can be applied when Step 2 starts at T=1.
March 19, 2020 at 6:44 amglouvincs01Subscriber
Thank you Sir for your answer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.