General Mechanical

General Mechanical

bolting three plate using beam bolts

• Omarwahba
      Subscriber

hi everyone

i modeling three bolted plates using beam bolts i want to know if i am correctly defining the scope and reference for the beam bolts

for the middle plate i split the surface to two surfaces and i imprinted the bolt head and nut on the other two plates then for each bolt i used two beam connection:

the first to attach the first half of the middle surface to one of the plates

the second to attach the second half of the middle surface to the other plates

is this approach model the connection with enough degree of accuracy ?

• ciema
      Subscriber
      Sir, did you imprint only one surface in the middle part or in two parts ? Why you havent imprinted another surface in the opposite side? nMaybe you could use 2 contacts frictionless (or even frictional contacts) between middle part and each exterior part and then insert beam connection applying it on the imprinted surfaces of exterior parts? nn
    • Omarwahba
      Subscriber
      no i imprinted on both first and third plates and i divided the middle surface into surface and connect each one with the imprinted surface on the adjacent plate hence for one bolt i am using two beam connection to connect the three plates togethern
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      if it is a standard bolt connection i recommend to use one beam connection and contacts which I described above. Good luck.n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      This video should be useful as well:
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.