General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Bonding reinforcement and concrete

• Evgenii_K
      Subscriber

Hi guys, I created another discussion on the topic of reinforced concrete. The question is the following, there is a need to connect the reinforcement and concrete, and the reinforcement is modeled using Link180.

I combine using the command, the command is inserted into the Static Structural tree:

FINI

/PREP7

CMSEL,S,NS_CONCRETE,ELEM    

CMSEL,A,NS_REINF,ELEM   

NSLE,S,ALL

CPINTF,ALL,0.0004    

ALLSEL,ALL  

FINI

/SOLU

Tell me what could be wrong with this command?

• Evgenii_K
      Subscriber
      I seem to understand, LINK - it will not work to link, since this type does not have intermediate nodes. The picture shows that the mesh is not built on the reinforcement.
      And now we model the reinforcement using BEAM - and we see that the mesh is built, but the connection between concrete and reinforcement is not.
      The question remains open - how to connect reinforcement and concrete? At the same time, without using REINF264!

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Could you increase the tolerance (check the distance between beam nodes and solid nodes) and see of that works? 0.0004 seems very small.
      Regards Ishan.
    • Evgenii_K
      Subscriber
      Hi, sorry for the late reply. The distance between the nodes is 20 mm. Increased distance, but still no convergence

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.