Fluids

Fluids

Boolean is making different parts of my geometry into one, how do i avoid this

• Ak0703
      Subscriber

Hi

I am doing an external aerodynamics simulation over an UAV. I have separate bodies named as wing, fuselage etc... in my geometry, so to avoid my mesh inside the aircraft body I am doing a Boolean operation but the problem is if I do a Boolean it makes all my bodies in my geometry named above are merged into one body but I need those bodies to be present so that i can only mesh a particular body one by one for example meshing only wing body and suppressing other bodies. The reason I need these separate bodies is because I can see no of elements only on particular bodies for example only on wing but Boolean is making everything as a one body

• Swathi V. V.
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Which modeller are you using ? Can you please insert an image of the same?
    • Ak0703
      Subscriber
      I am using spaceclaim the below images are not the original model but this is enough for the explanation after i created enclosure in space claim subtracted the inner volume of bodies separately and named it as enclosure if i suppress all other bodies except enclosure i have the body with inner volume removed and i only get mesh only on external surface not on the interior of the geometry but the problem is the enclosure has made my body into one as i said before if i do Boolean or create enclosure my other body parts named as wing, fuselage is made into one body, i need to avoid this even after doing a Boolean or creating a enclosure, i need separate bodies with its inner volume removed so that i wont get mesh inside it

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.