Fluids

Fluids

Boundary condition definition problem for detonation

• Marcel Mikołajczyk
      Subscriber

Hello Users,

I am doing first steps with CFD and currently working on a project with my profesor regarding detonation in detonation pipe.

The problem looks as shown below. There is no inlet nor outlet and simulation is transient.
      My question is how to define such initial conditions, that the first part of geometry has pressure of 8 bar and the remaining two parts have 1 bar and how to define that the whole boundary consist of stochiometric mixture of hydrogen and air.

The second question is how to import combustion mechanism for detonation of hydrogen-air mixture? My profesor told me to use this. Below only part of the mechanism is shown.

source: https://www.universityofgalway.ie/co...nismdownloads/
      Hydrogen (2004)

Should I use only reaction mechanism or thermodynamics and transport too?

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

"how to define such initial conditions, that the first part of geometry has pressure of 8 bar and the remaining two parts have 1 bar"

You can patch different cell zones with the initial pressure values. Check this section of the user's guide for more info: 32.9.2. Patching Values in Selected Cells (ansys.com)

"how to define that the whole boundary consist of stochiometric mixture of hydrogen and air."

I didn't get this. Can you please elaborate? 

"how to import combustion mechanism for detonation of hydrogen-air mixture"

For this, you may want to check this: 44.1.54. File/Import/CHEMKIN Mechanism... (ansys.com)

If you are not able to access the links, please refer to this forum discussion: How to access the ANSYS Online Help

Thanks!

Nikhil

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.