Fluids

Fluids

boundary condition fan and

Tagged: 

• ores96
      Subscriber

I am using the boundary condition fan in fluent 2020 R1 to analyze the rotation of the fan immersed in a current with angle of attack 4 deg, in fact the velocity inlet has the components vx = v * cos (4) and vz = v * sin (4) since the reference system is such that the x axis coincides with the rotation axis of the fan, z upwards and y towards the left, as can be seen from the draft.

I want the axis of rotation of the fan to be in the x direction, for this reason in the fluid panel I have set (1,0,0) for the direction of the rotation axis and (0,0,0) for the origin of the 'axis of rotation, while, in fan dialog I set (1,0,0) for the axis of the fan to (100,0,0) for the origin of the fan.

I still don't understand why the contour produces a different tangential velocity profile than I expect, possibly due to the axis rotation. Is it affected by the angle of attack? How can I solve this problem?

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      Check if swirl component is correct or not. You can find more details in the link below.
      https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_sec_bc_fan.html?q=fan%20boundary%20condition
      Regards SD
    • ores96
      Subscriber
      i don't understand how to check it
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.