June 28, 2023 at 1:32 pmzubair akhtarSubscriber
I have a question i was trying to do simulation for creep model for Solder for 6 thermal cycle and it was perfectly working fine. But it takes a lot of time
I have put these boundary condition
Fixed support, y fixed , xy fixed and then x fixed.
And these condtions are perfectly fine for me.
But i want to run simulation of half model . And I tried to do the same condition but the results are quite different compare to full model BCs.
Could you please suggest what kind of BCs are ok for running half a model
June 29, 2023 at 1:55 pmJohn DoyleAnsys Employee
You need a plane of symmetry. Please refer to R2023-R1 Mechanical User's Guide=>Defining Symmetry.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.