July 8, 2020 at 10:24 amIsitaSubscriber
I am trying to find the von Mises stress in a heat exchanger. Here is a schematic
There are other features inside but the key point is that the plates inside are just repeating along the width. I do not have enough memory to simulate the entire model so I want to focus on one of the repeating plates:
I want to
1. Get the mechanical stress (interior pressure applied)
2. Get the thermal stress. I have the expected temperature profile from a Fluent simulation and have been able to apply it on the geometry.
3. Find the combined thermo-mechanical stress by having both mechanical and thermal loads.
I was wondering which boundary conditions I should be using if I am only considering the stripe shown. For now I am thinking of imposing a zero displacement with respect to the bottom face, one with respect to the back face, but I am not sure about the side faces in red. If I use periodic boundary on each side, in the thermal case, am I not overconstraining the stripe while the actual model can freely expand?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.