Fluids

Fluids

Boundary Mach Number exceeds the limit at mass flow inlet

• Bharanitharan_J
      Subscriber

Hi, I am running a turbo simulation with the periodic condition. My boundary conditions are pressure inlet (with the atmospheric condition) and mass flow outlet. When I simulate after a particular iteration, I get this error, "Boundary Mach Number exceeds the limit 0.98 at mass flow inlet", and it ends up with a floating-point error. In most forums outside Ansys, the discussion says the flow might have choked but I don't think that could be the reason because the choke flow rate for the device is different. Could anyone help me with this issue?. What could be the reason for this issue?.

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello:
      Basically, the simulation is telling you that it is not converging. You will have to describe the problem set up you are attempting to model better so we can understand.
      Also, instead of pressure inlet and mass flow outlet, can you change it to Mass Flow inlet and pressure outlet? Perhaps might stabilize your convergence?
      Karthik
    • Bharanitharan_J
      Subscriber
      Yes, I did change the boundary condition as your suggestion and problem seem to be solved.
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Excellent!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.