March 16, 2020 at 12:59 pmMJolSubscriber
Hello, I would like to know how we can modeling bracings (X, V or K) in way that the element are only on tensile (or compression) behavior. How are you doing this?
March 16, 2020 at 3:27 pm
March 22, 2020 at 5:11 pmMJolSubscriber
I still don't understand how to do.
Here you have my model.
Can you help please?
March 23, 2020 at 12:20 am
March 23, 2020 at 8:18 amMJolSubscriber
Thank you it was only the mesh didn't work !
I am using ansys v2020 R1
March 23, 2020 at 4:36 pmMJolSubscriber
I can't have the Von mises stress for the beams and columns.
Is that normal?
March 28, 2020 at 3:24 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Yes, you don't get von Mises Stress plot for beam elements.
On Solution you can Probe > Beam > Axial Force and Shear Force.
On Solution, right click to Insert > Beam Tool. Then in the Beam Tool, right click to Insert > Maximum Combined Stress. This is the Axial Stress combined with the Bending Stress. You can also just plot Direct Stress = Axial Stress.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.