Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Bring Back Support for Macs!

• spacelover17
      Subscriber

Please bring back support for the Mac OS. I was able to use Lumerical perfectly fine on my own Mac machine for so long, and now that Ansys has taken over Lumerical and ceased to support Macs, I cannot use my own machine anymore and it is incredibly cumbersome to try to use someone else's Windows / Linux machine. It has made my user experience a lot worse compared to my experience with Lumerical pre-acquisition, and I am a very disappointed user.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      I am sorry to hear this. I would strongly suggest that you file a feature request here: ix.lumerical.com. I believe that not supporting Mac is a difficult decision from the management but we are open to hear from our customers. Please initiate this feature request and see if more people are interested.
    • Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee
      Thank you for the feedback, and our apologies for the impact of this change for you. There are many positives that come from being part of Ansys, but it also means that there are decisions that are made in order to align product developmentconsistentlyacross all of our product lines. In the long run, this provides value to our customers in being able to use multiple products seamlessly across the Ansys portfolio, but it does also mean change for some users.We can assure you that your feedback will be used to inform our future product development decisions.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.