Fluids

Fluids

bubble size distribution in a reactor

• anamena
      Subscriber

Hello,

Hello, I’m running a simulation of a 2L reactor. The domain is set up as multiphase (Eurelian), WATER and AIR. WATER is phase one and AIR is phase two and a 2k-epsilon ( disperse) model 

My geometry has a 7 holes sparger at the bottom with a 1 mm diameter and a disperse velocity of 0.606 m/s.  

The boundary conditions:

Top_tank is degassing, impeller and tank are walls, inlet (7 holes) are inlet with volume fraction 1. 

I try to implement different bubble size with this set-up but is not working. I would like to now if there is another model that I have to include 

I hope someone can guide me, I thank in advance anyone that will be so kind to provide some information 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You can think about using the Interfacial Area Concentration Model or one of Population Balance Approaches to model a dynamic PSD

• anamena
      Subscriber

Thank you for the suggestion. Do you know if there are specific UDFs for the Population Balance model in order to setup different bubble diameter? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

The idea of population balance methods is that you do not require to set the diameter but to prescribe classes or moments to calculate a dynamic psd/diameter

• anamena
      Subscriber

Thank you for your help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.