August 2, 2018 at 10:38 pmMaxwellSubscriber
I was trying to add a force reaction probe result in Mechanical using ACT.
I set it up to look for contact regions and everything is working well so far.
But when I am trying to use "ForceReaction.ContactRegionSelection" to
set up the target contact, it just does nothing, also not giving me any error.
But whenever I chose a contact region manually, I also got a contact region back
when entering "ForceReaction.ContactRegionSelection" in the console.
Is this a bug or is there another way to set up the location for the probe with ACT?
August 6, 2018 at 7:09 pmAniketAnsys Employee
You may want to try it as follows:
August 6, 2018 at 10:17 pmMaxwellSubscriber
Oh perfect, exactly what I needed.
Thanks a lot!
November 7, 2019 at 8:33 pmjehanzebSubscriber
facing same problem please guide me to
November 7, 2019 at 9:32 pmMaxwellSubscriber
Well, if you named your contact e.g. "ContactName", you could just use:
That's how I solved it before.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.