Fluids

Fluids

Bulging or Swelling on metal tube filled with high pressure fluid and placed in high temperature zon

• Shwetad5
      Subscriber

I am working on a simulation of Bulging or Swelling on metal tube filled high pressure fluid inside the tube and placed in high temperature zone. As a part of this simulation, I did the Ansys fluent simulation of the metal tube filled with high compressed fluid. This tube is closed on both sides and is placed in the high-temperature zone. After some time, the pressure inside the tube increases. The surface temperature of the tube also increases. I used Ansys fluent simulation for the first stage. After that, the tube shows deformation (total or directional deformation) . That simulation, I showed in Ansys static structural Module.I used Ansys fluent simulation pressure and temperature results as an input parameter in this 2nd stage. After that, the tube shows bulging or swelling due to ductile deformation due to high temperature and pressure in the 3rd stage. 

But how can I show this bulging or swelling deformation on a metal tube through Ansys software simulation?

Or

There is any other method to show the bulging or Swelling deformation on metal tube like balloon effect by using ansys fluent or any other Ansys softwares .

I need your guidance regarding this.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Mechanical will show the deformation, as will the Fluent intrinsic FSI.
    • Shwetad5
      Subscriber
      Please, Explain briefly how I can do it using Ansys Fluent intrinsic FSI??
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You turn on the intrinsic FSI and the metal bit should change shape. There's a bit more to it, but that's covered in the manual and tutorials. It's under Physics - Models - Structures in the ribbon menu; intrinsic FSI was the development name to distinguish it from system couple FSI where we link Fluent and Mechanical.
    • Shwetad5
      Subscriber
      Please , Send me the the manual and tutorials of Ansys as you mentioned above for the intrinsic FSI and the metal bit should change shape
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Click on Help, and look in the Fluent section.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.