January 1, 2019 at 6:50 pmMuhammedSubscriber
I am currently working on bullet impact on the target. As you all know, after the interaction with the target of the bullet, the speed of it begins to fall. In my work, the bullet had 820 m/s before impact. However, I don't know the exact function of the time. I just wrote the value and selected constant speed. As far as I understood, that bullet never loses its speed. But I want to have real conditions. Is there any way to make the speed of the bullet related with target strength. Or did I make the true thing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
January 1, 2019 at 7:06 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
In this case, you are explicitly specifying the velocity to stay constant. So it does.
If you want it to decrease after impact, you might want to specify it under the Initial Conditions. Just right-click on Initial Conditions>Insert>Velocity. This should get you what you are looking for.
Guidelines on the Student Community
January 1, 2019 at 7:17 pmMuhammedSubscriber
Thank you so much. Also, I have another question about it. From where can I see the residual velocity after bullet leaving the target?
January 1, 2019 at 7:29 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
You can right-click on the solution and Insert>Deformation>Total Velocity or Directional Velocity. You can scope it to the projectile as needed. Alternatively, you can click on Solution and then on Worksheet from the toolbar on the top, this will give you access to all the available results.
January 1, 2019 at 7:39 pmMuhammedSubscriber
I appreciate it very much. I can't thank you enough Sandeep.
January 17, 2019 at 11:08 pmAaronSubscriber
I would like to now all your process is done under static strutual module or not. CUZ I have a similar question.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display