August 13, 2019 at 11:08 amAleix11Subscriber
I have been modeling a bridge with a bar model, and to input the stiffness due to elastomer bearings among pillars and decks, I have used a busching joint. However, when I run the model through a Modal Analysis, decks and pillar move separately from each other.
May someone give me some light where I am doing wrong?
Thank you in advance
August 13, 2019 at 12:23 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Consider the idea that there is nothing wrong with the model.
The deck is connected to the pillar with a spring stiffness you defined in the bushing connection.
Modal analysis computes the natural frequencies and mode shapes of the mass-spring system.
The deformation is scaled to some arbitrary standard, which means the magnitude of the deformation is meaningless.
In addition, you can scale the displayed deformation to be much, much larger than the numerical deformation.
Connect the solution of the Modal analysis to the Setup cell of a Harmonic Response analysis and apply a load to find the true deformation for that harmonic load amplitude and direction.
August 15, 2019 at 9:22 amAleix11Subscriber
Thank you for replying. You were right.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.