Electronics

Electronics

calculate the R L parameters of the individual coil of stator

• Djuidje Rosine
      Subscriber

I want to model a stator coil using the finite element method, I need to calculate RLC parameters. I read in the ansys help, that it is possible to do this using the maxwell 2D model.

I used the eddy current solver to calculate the matrices of indutances and resistances according to the frequency.

I excited all the conductors at the same time with a current of 1 A, I  obtained the inductance and resitance matrix which I am going to photograph. I see that there are multiple inductances which are negative, it is possible?
      I would like to know if my approach is not reel please

I show you the 2d design I made. it consists of 6 conductors surrounded by epoxy insulation as conductor insulation and epoxy as ground insulation. subsequently, I put an air region .

I would like to know is there a boundary condition please?

please can you tell me how can i calculate the different parameters of the individual coil

thanks

• Deyu Li
      Ansys Employee

In order to get better understanding of this model, I have some questions:

It looks like only 5 conductors in the middle, could you point out where is the 6th one? Could you also show where are copper, air and epoxy? Can you show where the excitations are? 

• Djuidje Rosine
        Subscriber

The copper conductors are those in white,
        the epoxy is the one in green
        and the tune is the one in yellow

• Deyu Li
      Ansys Employee

hi, the negative inductance value is because of current direction, the inductance value should be all positive if the current direction are the same. For the equation used to calculate inductance, you can refer this paper: J. Pleite, etc. “Modeling of Magnetic Components based on Finite Element Techniques”.

There are two default boundaries for Maxwell 3D project, natural and neumann. There is no default boundary conditions assigned to simulation region for Maxwell 2D, user have to specify it separately.

• Djuidje Rosine
        Subscriber

Thank you very much for this paper, I'm looking at it

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.